August 5, 2022
Sales Continue to Decline in Quebec
According to data compiled by the Quebec Professional Association of Real Estate Brokers (QPAREB), 6 406 transactions were recorded in the province of Quebec in July 2022, a decrease of 15 per cent. Active listings are up 13 per cent and new listings increased by 24 per cent compared to July 2021.
Plexes saw the largest increase in the median price, up by 14 per cent. Single-family homes increase by 12 per cent and condominiums by 11 per cent.
Here are the July 2022 median prices for a single-family home in the 6 CMAs along with the variation from July of last year.
- Montréal : $550,000 (+10 per cent)
- Gatineau : $425,000 (+4 per cent)
- Québec : $350,000 (+11 per cent)
- Sherbrooke : $330,000 (+10 per cent)
- Saguenay : $265,000 (+29 per cent)
- Trois-Rivières : $305,000 (+33 per cent)
For more detailed statistics, click here.