Sales in Quebec Increase Sharply in August
The month of August was marked by a strong increase in sales as 10,274 transactions were concluded across the province, an increase of 47 per cent.
While residential sales increased by 47 per cent in Quebec in August, active listings fell by 33 per cent and new listings climbed by 16 per cent.
All three property categories registered a significant increase in sales compared to August of last year:
- Single-family homes: +50 per cent
- Condominiums: +45 per cent
- Plexes (2-5 dwellings): +33 per cent
As for prices, the median price of single-family homes and condominiums increased by 24 per cent and 13 per cent, respectively, while that of plexes fell slightly by 3 per cent compared to August of last year.
Here is the median price of single-family homes in the province's six CMAs in August 2020, as well as their variation as compared to August of 2019.
- Montreal: $427,500 (+24%)
- Gatineau: $322,000 (+23%)
- Quebec City: $275,000 (+6%)
- Sherbrooke: $260,500 (+18%)
- Saguenay: $186,501 (+3%)
- Trois-Rivières: $165,000 (+2%)
Click here for more statistics.