A look back at the real estate market in October
data compiled by the Quebec Professional Association of Real Estate Brokers (QPAREB), 6 011transactions were recorded
in the province of Quebec in October 2023, an increase of 1 per cent. Active
listings are up 14 per cent and new listings increased by 11 per cent compared
to October 2022.
Regarding the median price, the largest change was for plexes, which increased by 15 per cent. The median price for single-family homes increased by 4 per cent and for condominiums increased by 2 per cent.
Here are the October 2023 median prices for a single-family home in the 7 CMAs along with the variation from October of last year.
- Montréal: $545,000 (+7 per cent)
- Gatineau: $442,500 (+7 per cent)
- Sherbrooke: $362,500 (+4 per cent)
- Québec: $350,000 (+1 per cent)
- Drummondville: $345,608 (+14 per cent)
- Trois-Rivières: $322,000 (+19 per cent)
- Saguenay: $270,000 (+19 per cent)
For more detailed statistics, click here.