Quebec Closes the Year with the Market Moving Towards Balance
According to data compiled by the Quebec Professional Association of Real Estate Brokers (QPAREB), 4 614 transactions were recorded in the province of Quebec in December 2022, a decrease of 36 per cent. Active listings are up 56 per cent and new listings decreased by 6 per cent compared to December 2021.
Regarding the median price, the largest change was for plexes, which decreased by 11 per cent. The median price of single-family homes decreased by 1 per cent, as did that of condominiums.
Here are the December 2022 median prices for a single-family home in the 6 CMAs along with the variation from December of last year.
- Montréal : $510,000 (-3 per cent)
- Gatineau : $400,000 (-3 per cent)
- Québec : $328,000 (+3 per cent)
- Sherbrooke : $367,800 (+13 per cent)
- Saguenay : $228,000 (-1 per cent)
- Trois-Rivières : $295,000 (+23 per cent)
For more detailed statistics, click here.