Real Estate Activity Regains Ground
According to data compiled by the Quebec Professional Association of Real Estate Brokers (QPAREB), 8 714transactions were recorded in the province of Quebec in May 2023, a decrease of 6 per cent. Active listings are up 38 per cent and new listings decreased by 7 per cent compared to May 2022.
Regarding the median price, the largest change was for plexes, which increased by 4 per cent, while single-family homes decreased by 4 per cent. The median price of condominiums decreased by 1 per cent,
Here are the May 2023 median prices for a single-family home in the 7 CMAs along with the variation from May of last year.
- Montréal : $550,000 (-4 per cent)
- Gatineau : $470,000 (0 per cent)
- Sherbrooke : $392,500 (+3 per cent)
- Québec : $355,695 (+2 per cent)
- Drummondville : $324,750 (+5 per cent)
- Trois-Rivières : $310,000 (+2 per cent)
- Saguenay : $265,000 (+10 per cent)
For more detailed statistics, click here.