Drop in Sales Across the Province in December
7,262 sales were concluded in November across the province, which represents a decrease of 18 per cent compared to December 2020.
According to data compiled by the Quebec Professional Association of Real Estate Brokers (QPAREB), 7,262 transactions were recorded in the province of Quebec in December 2021, a decrease of 18 per cent. Active listings are down 29 per cent and new listings declined by 28 per cent compared to December 2020.
Condominium and single-home family homes saw the largest increase in the median price, up by 20 per cent. Plexes follow closely with a 12 per cent increase.
Here are the December 2021 median prices for a single-family home in the 6 CMAs along with the variation from December of last year.
- Montréal : $525,000 (+22 per cent)
- Gatineau : $415,000 (+26 per cent)
- Québec : $318,875 (+13 per cent)
- Sherbrooke : $325,000 (+21 per cent)
- Saguenay : $232,500 (+18 per cent)
- Trois-Rivières : $240,000 (+7 per cent)
For more detailed statistics, click here.